iDoYoga San Antonio Presents 4th Annual FREE Yoga Conference June 9
“Yoga for Warriors” conference is a full day of classes, presentations and workshops for all ages
SAN ANTONIO – iDoYoga San Antonio will present its 4th annual FREE yoga conference on Saturday, June 9, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center. In the only free yoga conference of its kind in the country, iDoYoga San Antonio presents a full 12-hour day of activities including yoga classes and lectures, presentations, workshops, a health and wellness expo, an all-day program for kids and a one-day CME course (fee-based) to provide training on yoga therapy as a non-invasive alternative for health management. This year’s theme, “Yoga for Warriors” will focus on the needs of the military, veteran and first-responder communities and will include presentations by more than 50 different presenters including world-renowned professionals such as: Dan Nevins; Sat Bir Khalsa PhD, Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School; Dr. Lindsay Bira, TEDx Speaker and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at UT Health San Antonio; and Mona Patel, founder of the San Antonio Amputee Foundation and finalist for CNN Hero of the Year in 2017.
· 8 – 9 a.m. – Walk with a Warrior
· 9 – 9:40 a.m. – Opening Ceremony and Recognition of Yoga Teachers
· 10:00 – 11:15 a.m. – Yoga Class led by Dan Nevins
· 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Hot Yoga led by Connie Lozano
· 6 – 7:15 p.m. – Movement, Manta & Meditation Presented by Mobile Om
· 7:15 – 8 p.m. – Bollywood Music and Festival of Colors
· Vendors providing: henna, mala jewelry, music, arts & crafts, and more
Kids Activities (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Kids are invited to stay and enjoy a full day of games, yoga, music and meditation, snacks and a movie.
Indoor: Presentations and Workshops
· Military Town Hall – with General Juan Ayala, Ms. Octavia Harris, and moderated by Tim Farrell
· Lecture on The Science of Yoga – with Sat Bir Khalsa, PhD, Harvard Medical School
· Workshop on Stress Management and Resilience – Dr. Venkat Srinivasan
· Writing workshop – Patricia W. Fischer
· Yoga as Treatment for PTSD in Warriors – Dr. Alexander Hutchinson
· Hack your Brain – Emotional Intelligence & Mindfulness Skills – Dr. Lindsay Bira
· The Food-Mood Connection – San Antonio Food Bank.
· Yoga immersion: A full day workshop based on the 8 limbs of yoga.
· A bilingual Yoga class in honor of LULAC.
· Keynote class: Yoga for Amputees – Dan Nevins & Mona Patel
· More than 25 classes on yoga and meditation, including: Acro Yoga, Power Yoga (Bilingual Spanish), Warrior Restore Class, Yoga Therapy for Sleep Disorder, Yoga for: Beginners, Runners, Teens, Baby & Me, Partners, Yoga Therapy for Back Pain, Yoga for Diabetes, Yoga for the Teenagers and more…